The CBBio People
This is the people that have participated in the computational Biology and Bioinformatics lab all times
We are a team of Biologists, Bioinformaticians, and engineers using computational methods, trying to understand 1) how proteins evolve and acquire novel functions, 2) how mutations impact a given protein function, and 3) how is the relationship between molecular evolution and phenotypic evolution.
CBBio was founded on 2009 in Barcelona, and moved to Seville in 2013, first at IBIS, and then to CABD
Our research has been depicted in more than 50 peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, invited reviews, and over 50 oral presentations in national and international venues.
Our Past and present Collaborators:
- Dr. Eva Estébanez-Perpiña (IBUB, Barcelona)
- Prof. Harald Wodrich (MPF,INSERM, Bordeaux)
- Prof. Paul Taylor (Leeds U, UK)
- Dr. Travis H Stracker (now NIH, US)
- Pr. Jesús Blázquez-Gómez (CNB-CSIC, Madrid)
- Dr. Sergio Alonso (IGTP, Barcelona)
- Dr. Fernando Casares (CABD, Sevilla)
- Dr. Damien Devos (CABD, Sevilla)
- Dr. Amancio Carnero (IBIS, Sevilla)
Our Past and present Members:
- Ana M. Rojas, Principal Investigator.
- Israel Barrios (since Sept 2019). Engineer and programmer. Currently in the group.
- Patricia Medina (since Sept 2016). PhD student. Currently in the group.
- Gemma Martinez (Nov 2022), visiting PhD student. From Rosa Fernandez's lab, Life.Hub JAE jump start.
- Nazaret Navarro (2022). TFM's student, former JAEintro fellow.
- Antonio Parra (2019). Master's student.
- M Victoria Mencucci (2019). Postdoctoral visitor. Back to the Universidad de la Plata, AR.
- Juan A Cordero (2016-2018) at IBIs. Technician. Now Bioinformatician at the IBIS.
- Eduardo Andres (2014-2016) at IBIs. PhD student. Now Technical Head of the Bioinformatics Unit at Instituto de Parasitología y Biomedicina "López-Neyra" (IPBLN), Granada.
- Rocio Nunez (2014-2016) at IBIs. Master's student. Now at CNIO, Madrid.
- Ildefonso Cases (2009-2014), Co-PI at IMPPC. Now Head of the Bioiformatics Unit at CABD, Seville.
- Aida Arcas (2010-2013). PhD student. Now Senior Bioinformatician at Clarivate.
- Eduard Porta (2010-2013). PhD student. Now Junior Group Leader at IJC, Barcelona.
- Ida Paramonov (2011-2013). Programmer and data analyst. Now Data analyst at CNAG, Barcelona.